Saturday, June 3, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 18 - Antalya to Kahramanmaras

First leg in Asia, taking off from Antalya right after a storm. I have been for few days stuck there, waiting for a better weather, and the moment was today. In addition, some VIP passangers wanted to fly to Kahramanmaras, so I took them. I encountered some heavy traffic on the takeoff but we managed to not interfere with each other and I flew the visual departure along the coast, towards Alanya.












From here, I headed East, following stunning valleys and lakes till the coast again.

















Cyprus could be seen in the horizon. The region of Adana is very interesting, with flat ground surrounded by mountains. I crossed this at high altitude, to have a better view of the whole region.




And finally the approach to Kahramanmaras and the landing, again between mountains and crop fields.










Quite interesting leg, combining coast and mountains. So far, I'm enjoying Turkey a lot.

------

Technical details:

LTAI LTCN

SAHIL SERIK BOGAZKENT MANAVGAT OKURCALAR ALANYA ERMENEK SILIFKE MERCIN KARATAS KATALAN ASLANTAS SIR-BARAJ

Distance: 320 nm
Average GS: 290 kt
Altitude: FL175

METAR:

LTAI 021320Z VRB04KT 9999 BKN030 27/17 Q1009 NOSIG RMK RWY18C VRB04KT RWY36R VRB05KT RWY18L VRB03KT
LTCN 021450Z VRB03KT 9999 SCT040 BKN180 30/09 Q1013


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...