Friday, June 30, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 42 - Kunming to Hanoi

I'm asked to take 92 kg of cargo to Hanoi, the perfect excuse to visit Vietnam, entering from the mountains on the North. So I file a Y-IFR plan, leaving by LXI-IID, since Kunming airport is huge and busy. Again, distances on the SID looked longer than what I'm used to when flying IFR out of China. I might return to China after Vietnam, so I'll have the chance to check IFR charts at this country again in future.








After the SID I head South, till the Red River (Yuan River in China). Again, visual orientation was tricky here, so I had to be careful and estimate distances by heading and time for a while. But I reached the iconic river that served as crucial transport line towards Hanoi and Haiphong in the 19th Century.









Now, a long track of more than 100 nm following the river till our destination, Hanoi airport, located a few miles before reaching the city.








Easy landing on nice weather. And now, from here, a decision has to be made. Oceania or Japan? The answer on next leg.

------

Technical details:
 
ZPPP VVNB

LXI-IID LXI VFR G80 RED-RIVER TAM-DAO VPH

Distance: 330 nm
Average GS: 220 kt
Altitude: 9,500 ft

METAR:

ZPPP 281000Z 23008MPS 190V250 9999 SCT030 28/14 Q1015 NOSIG
VVNB 281200Z 12009KT 100V160 CAVOK 31/26 Q1005 NOSIG


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...