Monday, June 26, 2023

World Tour 2 - A brief summary

Well, so here we are, at Paro, as I was 3 years ago, after 37 legs (39 on the last tour). Phase I is completed.

So far the trip along Asia (close to 5,000 nm) is being amazing. Surely I miss Africa, but what I've seen after Turkey has been certainly stunning. Specially Tajikistan and the Karakoram, I have really good memories from those legs. The Himalaya region is very nice with the ORBX mesh and I'm glad I got it right on time for this Tour. 


What I don't like much is the snow, but I cannot do anything about it. XPlane Orthos were much more enjoyable at high altitudes, because the ground textures could be seen. But anyway, I guess we'll have snow just in 1-2 more legs, and then it will be gone for a while.

I don't want to spend more time on this summary, since I'll do a proper one once I finish crossing Asia. I haven't decided yet what to do, either flying towards Japan or surround Oceania, although I'm more inclined to the first shorter option, leaving Oceania for an independent Tour in future, maybe with a different plane. 

But I wanted to stop for a moment and point that, despite the last Tour was abandoned here, this time we continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...