Tuesday, June 6, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 25 - Karshi to Dushanbe

So yes, I decided to fly towards Tajikistan, thanks to 3 passengers I found that were willing to go to Dushanbe. I had to set a Z-VFR plan because the destination is IFR only, and a bit tricky, because the distances are given in km, not in nm. But first, let's focus on the takeoff from Karshi, which consisted on a left traffic pattern and right to FL155 from downwind.







On the horizon, Tajikistan mountains, which cover 93% of the country and contain most of the highest peaks on Earth. I've been reading about them and definitely I'll design the following legs to cover the Pamir Mountains and Karakul Lake. But first, more modest mountains, although equally impressive.
















I chose FL155 on purpose, knowing that was the minimum to fly over these mountains. In fact, some of them were a bit higher and turbulences were a problem nearby. Fann Mountains are the second destination after Pamir, with the Chimtarga as highest mountain (5,489 m).











Aided by an NDB, I find the valley that will take me to Dushanbe, on a crazy approach that begins at FL150 and descents to about 3,000 ft in less than 16 nm.



















This seems to be just the preamble of what is to come. If weather allows, of course. As I did in the Alps, I'll try to get some jobs, but they won't be my priority for two reasons. The first one, the landscape. I want to visit several remote places far from busy airports. And the second, because there are many dangerous and forbidden airspaces that I want to avoid.

So the following legs will be tricky, over mountains and landing on remote airfields, regardless of the availability of jobs. But I'll be busy for few days (irl duties), so next leg will happen next week.

------

Technical details:

UTSK UTDD

AKRABAT YAKKABOG HIROSAK KUL SEVEN-LAKES ISKANDERKUL PANDZHKHOK IFR SX VEVAN

Distance: 180 nm
Average GS: 250 kt
Altitude: FL155

METAR:

UTSK 051730Z 00000KT CAVOK 29/05 Q1008 R16/CLRD70
UTDD 051830Z 04002MPS 9999 FEW066 24/06 Q1012 R09/D NOSIG RMK QFE691/0922


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...