Friday, June 30, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 41 - Myitkyina to Kunming

I found an interesting cargo job towards Kunming and I think it's time to fly properly over China, so I decide to accept it. The problem is that the cargo is at the national airport, next to the domestic one in which I am. So I have to do a very short hop from one airport to the other. And there are rainshowers nearby, so I did as fast as I could, to be able to escape from the rain towards China soon.










I asked the crew to load the cargo as fast as they could, while constantly checking the movement of that storm. Luckily, they finished few minutes before it touched the runway, so I could take off without rain and head North, following Irrawaddy river.










After the clouds I head East, towards Erhai lake. But first, many mountains and valleys.













From Dali I head towards Kunming and I plan an IFR approach starting at XFA, since the terrain till there, though interesting in terms of villages and fields, lacks good features to use for visual orientation.










The final ILS approach is done over a large extension of greenhouses. I have the feeling that the ILS glideslope is much longer than usual. I don't know if this was the case only for this airport or a common feature at China. But I managed to land easily on a huge airport.








Time to rest after a not too long leg but mentally tiring, specially on the Chinese side. Tomorrow I'll head towards Vietnam, since I found a job to Hanoi.

------

Technical details:
 
VYNP ZPPP

VYMK IRAWADI WU-BI ERHAI XFA IFR

Distance: 360 nm
Average GS: 245 kt
Altitude: FL135

METAR:

N/A
ZPPP 272100Z 21005MPS 9999 SCT023 18/16 Q1019 NOSIG


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...