Sunday, June 25, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 32 - Nepalgunj to Pokhara

I take advantage of the good weather window and depart on VFR towards Pokhara. This airport has a VFR approach but also a VOR, so I trust there won't be thick clouds or fog over there and fly straight into it. Easy takeoff and climbing till 9,500 ft. First time I don't pressurize the Baron in many legs.











Soon, the mountains begin and some clouds stay at my altitude. I simply surround them and return to the radials, being careful with the terrain, that at some points gets closer to 9,000 ft.










Between the clouds I can easily spot the Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna, the first two eight-thousanders of central Himalaya. I'll visit them on the next leg, for sure. Now, time to approach Pokhara by the VFR point, the Pokhara Lake. After a left pattern I land safely at the domestic airport of this city. Very nice city from the air, which is the largest in area in Nepal.











Now it's time to think about the next leg. I'll look for some jobs, but I'm very tempted to fly over Jomson, as it is one of my favorite airfields. We'll see.

------

Technical details:

VNNG VNPK

POK

Distance: 130 nm
Average GS: 220 kt
Altitude: 9,500 ft

METAR:

VILK 251530Z 10006KT 4000 BR SCT020 SCT025 BKN100 31/29 Q1000 NOSIG
VNKT 251630Z VRB02KT 8000 FEW015 SCT030 BKN100 23/21 Q1013 NOSIG

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...