Thursday, June 29, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 39 - Mechuka to Tezu

Since Mechuka begins to be quite touristic, they also begin to export local products. And they offer me to carry some cargo to some destinations that suit fine my trip towards the Pacific. I have to deliver a package of 2 kg at Pashigat, 90 kg to Tezu and 224 kg to a city in Myanmar. So I decided to deliver the cargo at Tezu first, stopping briefly at Pashigat, and do a second trip towards Myanmar.

The takeoff from Mechuka was stunning, into a valley and between clouds, constantly descending towards the great plains at which Brahmaputra runs.



















And now, the stop at Pashigat, on a grass field between some trees. At this point is when I realised that the Brahmaputra is actually also the Yarlung Zambo river that I saw yesterday at Lhasa. Different names in different countries, but the same river. Impressive to know that it begins flowing at the Himalaya right North of Nepalgunj. I flew close to it when I surrounded the Sisha Pangma.






I quickly give the package to somebody that came to pick it and I took off again, heading to Tezu, my destination today. The magnitude of this area really stunned me.













Short but funny leg, over a landscape that was more beautiful than I expected. Next leg, towards Myanmar dense forests.

------

Technical details:

VE67 VE48

ALONG VEPG TEZU

Distance: 120 nm
Average GS: 220 kt
Altitude: 7,500 ft and 5,500 ft.

METAR:

N/A
N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...