Friday, June 2, 2023

World Tour 2 - European summary

After landing in Antalya, the European part of the tour is done. I started under the rain in Spain and managed to avoid bad weather and to visit the iconic places that I wanted to see before starting with the unknown, like Grenoble, the Mont Blanc, Geneva, Lac Leman, the Matterhorn, the Dolomites and Styria. After that, I was curious about the Balcans, and they didn't disappoint, with the stunning Adriatic coast and the Dinarian Alps all along Croatia till Albania. Macedonia and Bulgaria were also really interesting, with beautiful colours and nice weather.

In total, about 3,000 nm have been flown in 17 legs, crossing 12 countries (Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey), for a total duration of 18 hours.


Now, let's head towards the Himalaya. I'm not sure about the route yet, but since on the previous World Tour I flew over Persian and Oman Gulfs, I have thought about going through the Caspian this time. Flying in this area won't be easy. I don't expect great jobs or airfields, even less charts. But that's adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...