Tuesday, May 23, 2023

World Tour Leg 38 - Katmandu to Lukla

Again, bad weather at Katmandu. But expected to be clear at Lukla, my next destination. This airfield is one of the most challenging in the world, and last stop for those who try to conquer the Everest, as well as other nearby peaks. I decided to depart on IFR, to land on VFR. And I won't fly alone, since 5 hikers will join me.




 

The landing was indeed quite challenging, but successful.






 

Now, I'm getting ready for the next leg, that will take me to Paro. But, as I did in the previous one, I intend to fly over the Himalaya, approaching Mount Everest and other iconic peaks.

------

Technical details:

VNKT - VNLK

20 IGRIS1A KIMTI FLUFFY MAPT VFR 06

Distance: 85 nm
Average GS: 187 kt
Average alt.: FL130

METAR:
 
VNKT 190050Z 00000KT 2500 -RA FEW008 FEW025CB SCT030 BKN100 20/20 Q1011 NOSIG
N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...