Tuesday, May 23, 2023

World Tour Leg 36 - Nepaljung to Jomsom

There we go. First leg at the Himalaya. No jobs. I plan to fly alone towards Jomsom, a remote village located at 9,000 ft, with a stunning approach between the Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna.

Taking off was easy, after finally having clear skies. Soon after following few rivers and more fields, hills and small mountains show up, nice prologue to what I will have in front of me in few minutes.






And finally, the Himalaya. Stunning landscape, with peaks overpassing 20,000 ft height. Spotting the valley between the Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna is fairly easy.




 

At this point, I begin to be very careful with the Baron, since a mistake can be fatal. Without hesitation I enter the valley leading to Jomsom, in tension due to both the landscape and the difficulty of landing at that altitude. Luckily, I spot the airport easily and, after carefully planning the approach, I land in this remote village.














 

Next leg I have planned is kind of crazy, but I wanted to do it for a long time. Let's hope everything works fine.

Technical details:

VNNG - VNJS

08 DNG DARBANG BENI MARPHA 24

Distance: 125 nm
Average GS: 170 kt
Average alt.: FL175 ft

METAR:
 
N/A
N/A
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...