Thursday, May 25, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 1 - León to Burgos

Here we go! Everything is ready at LELN for our departure. Three passengers on board and all systems checked for taxi. The run up looks great, so I enter runway 05 and take off!




The power of the Baron 58P is amazing. Even too much for what I'm used to. I intend to fly a left traffic pattern but when I realised, TAS is 200 kt and I'm waaay over crosswind. Definitely a large turn, but I manage to reduce speed and cross abeam tower towards the visual fixes on the south-east. Goodbye to the gothic Cathedral!





From now on, another small issue... I didn't remember how difficult it was to follow terrain features at low altitude from the Baron, due to the narrow visibility from the cockpit. Luckily the highway I'm following is relatively easy to see, and I don't lose track of it. Many iconic villages are left behind, some of them quite important in the history of Spain.





Finally, Burgos show up in the horizon, as well as its Cathedral, always competing with Leon's equivalent. I directly enter on left base of runway 04 and smoothly land in fully manual.





At this point I have to warn that, due to the lack of a decent replay tool in MSFS, landing pics won't be as nice as they were in the last Tour, since I cannot replay the flight safely. I hope at some point in future this will improve.




Beautiful taxi to GA and first broken piece of the Tour... a wing light, easy to fix, luckily. Let's hope all failures will be as simple as this one.

------

Technical details:

LELN - LEBG

S1 SE A231 W

Distance: 100 nm
Average GS: 190 kt
Average alt.: 5,500 ft

METAR:
 
LELN 241730Z 35007KT 320V040 9999 FEW050TCU SCT055 20/09 Q1016 
LEBG 241800Z 03016KT 9999 BKN029 16/09 Q1018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...