Tuesday, May 23, 2023

World Tour Leg 33 - Gwadar to Karachi

This flight will be a bit more complex, for two reasons. The first one, the heat. I'll fly high later in the day, even with cowl flaps open, to cool down the engines a bit. The second reason, Karachi airport is IFR only, so I plan a zulu flight (VFR on departure, IFR on arrival). Karachi is the largest city in Pakistan, 12th in the world, former capital of Pakistan till it was moved to Islamabad. Definitely will be a busy airport to land on.

So, after my new 5 passenger embark, we take off. We had clear skies for the whole flight, allowing to see the amazing landscape that this area of Pakistan has to show.

 







 

As I expected, the heat is too much for the engines, so I climb to FL155, where the temperature is lower. After Ormara, things get even more interesting. I would like to travel north, following the mountains, but that would deviate me too much from my main objective. Maybe in future.

 



 

While approaching Karachi, the first green fields in a long time show up. The IFR approach ended up being very useful, due to the fog that surrounded the airport and that would have prevented me to land in visual conditions.

 





 

Next leg is not decided yet, but definitely I want to cross India as fast as I can. The idea of reaching the Himalaya is pushing me forward constantly.

------


Technical details:

OPGD - OPKC



06 N10 PASNI N10 ORMARA N10 HINGOL IFR KAJAL DOSTI2B 25R

Distance: 280 nm
Average GS: 170 kt
Average alt.: FL155

METAR:
N/A
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...