Wednesday, May 24, 2023

New World Tour 2023! Rules and summary

It's time to begin a new World Tour!

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have been flying the new Baron from Berlin to León (Spain). I took advantage of these flights to test both Black Square analog models, and they are very impressive. The normally aspirated plane corresponds to what I had in X-Plane during the previous tour. This one is more complex, including additional systems like oxygen tanks, EDM 760 for leaning and engine diagnosis, heating, A/C, etc... but the performance is the same. Ceiling at 20,000 ft, 180-190 kt of cruise speed, can descend up to 220-230 kt. Definitely, a great plane for this tour.

 


However, the pressurized version (Baron 58P) let me absolutely mesmerized. Climbing comfortably at 3,000 ft/min, ceiling of 25,000 ft, top cruise speed of 290 kt! Overpassing 300 kt on descent... Simply amazing. I love the versatility of this plane. One can fly low and slow, enjoying the landscape, and then decide to pressurize the cabin and climb over the clouds to travel at near 300 kt. All kind of systems modeled, great performance. It even has the tip tanks, for higher capacity and more autonomy. No doubt, this is the best add-on I've tried until now.


So, the decision is clear, and the rules for the World Tour are as follow:

1.- I'll fly the Black Square Analog Baron 58P, with wear and tear. Failures will be set at 8x or 16x, I'll tune this as the Tour advances.

2.- I'll fly on FSEconomy. The plane I have corresponds to the normally aspirated version, but the pressurized model is detected anyway, so I can use it. The only issue is that I cannot make use of the full tank and tip tanks, I'm limited to 142 gallons max. But I'm not planning to do long legs anyway, so no problem.

3.- I'll do VFR as much as possible, although IFR will be used on airports that don't allow VFR or if weather/night surprises me during a leg (Y or Z rules in those cases). The priority will be full VFR legs. No GPS, just ADF/VOR and RNAV analogic navigation. In crowded places that I use to fly regularly, like Spain, France, Austria... I might fly IFR if weather is bad, or to fit better on a controlled airspace. I don't need to explore more those areas.

4.- I'll fly on IVAO, with real weather. I'll follow real procedures as much as I can. In those places in which I cannot find charts, I'll follow standard rules for traffic patterns.

Last but not least, I'll try to fly 1-2 hours legs, although exceptions can be done due to FSEconomy jobs or terrain/weather. Since the maintenance costs are not linked to FSEconomy any more (no REP package), in case I break something or crash, I'll find the way to remove money from my account to somewhere else.

And the trip itself... well, it will start and finish in León (Spain, LELN). On a first phase, I intend to arrive to Paro, where I cancelled the previous Tour. Instead of repeating the North African coast, I'll cross Europe, visiting the Pyrinees, the Alps, the Balcans, Turkey... The following map shows a general idea (not real legs).


Once at Paro, I'll decide how to continue towards America. Maybe towards Oceania first or directly to China/Japan, we'll see.

Well... let's begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...