Saturday, May 27, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 11 - St. Johann to Klagenfurt

After making some repairs (and removing $20.000 from my account) I'm ready to fly again. I decide to cancel the jobs to LOKG to avoid a dangerous landing and decide to fly alone to Klagenfurt, where there are some cargo jobs heading East. In addition, by taking no cargo/passengers and by de-fueling the Baron, I manage to reduce a lot the takeoff weight. I check everything carefully, since an error could be fatal. As a reminder, the runway is about 200 ft shorter than the theoretical value for the 58P. There should be enough length for the ground roll, but then I'll need to build some speed over the grass before climbing. In addition, there is crosswind. So I set myself at the extreme of the runway, push throttles to max and release the brake.







I left the ground right at the very end of the runway, although I rotated at 100 kt instead of 81 kt. Good to have as a reference. From here, just a very enjoyable trip. First to Leogang and Zell am See. Then to Alpendorf.











From here I headed South, with the idea to cross the mountains over a large lake, but some rain showers made me decide to cross a bit before. No problem, the landscape was awesome anyway.











Then I followed the long valley towards Villach, and from there to Whorthersee, where the visual notification fixes are.

 

 

 


From here I had control from LOWK CTR, that instructed me to land on runway 10.

 

 

Very pleasant flight. On my next leg, I'll leave Austria towards countries I have never flown over before.

Technical details:

LOIJ - LOWK

FIEBERBRUNN SAALFELDEN ZELL-AM-SEE ALPENDORF KOLNBREINSPEICHER GMUND MILLSTATTER VILLACH W1 W3

Distance: 120 nm
Average GS: 200 kt
Altitude: 4,000 ft

METAR:
 
LOWS 271350Z 03011KT 350V060 9999 FEW060 22/09 Q1020 NOSIG
LOWK 271450Z AUTO 11006KT 040V210 9999 FEW070 23/05 Q1019 NOSIG



No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...