Friday, December 29, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 58 - Yao to Nagoya

Finally I find time to continue the World Tour. And over Japan, that I visited recently, so I'm very motivated to continue. So I take 5 passengers from Yao (Osaka) to Nagoya. A short trip that will let me warm up the Baron and remember all the procedures without much risk. The weather was nice and calm, so after a careful run-up, I took off over the sea of houses of Osaka.





 

I took off towards Nara, former capital of Japan before being moved to Kyoto and UNESCO World Heritage Site, keeping a low altitude to enjoy the views. I was not used to the high speed of the Baron even when trying to go slow. So, by the time I finished checking everything on this first flight after so long, I was already a Kyoto.









Kyoto is huge, and there are so many temples and shrines that it's impossible to visit all of them in a reasonable period of time, most of them named also UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Currently it's considered the cultural capital of Japan.






From here I flew over Lake Biwa towards Nagahama and, after following some roads between hills, I landed at Gifu, north of Nagoya.




















Great first flight after the break. The Baron behaved perfectly fine and I quickly got used to all the systems again. Let's think about the next leg, hopefully towards Tokyo.

------

Technical details:
 
RJOY RJNG

OJI NARA KYOTO BIWA SEKIGHARA GIFU

Distance: 105 nm
Average GS: 215 kt
Altitude: 3500 ft

METAR:

RJOY 281000Z VRB02KT 9999 FEW040 08/01 Q1024
RJNG 281250Z 00000KT 9999 FEW030 05/01 Q1023 RMK 1CU030 A3022



No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...