Monday, December 25, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 57 - Iwakuni to Yao

Finally I fly towards Osaka. More specifically, to Yao airport, in which I have to deliver the 250 kg of cargo I've been flying over Japon for few days. And two intermediate points of interests, namely Hiroshima and Himeji.

I took off very early in the morning, with amazing views of the Seto Sea. And I flew towards Hiroshima.













Hiroshima is sadly known for being the city in which the first atomic bomb exploded, destroying everything and killing about 140,000 people. It's impressive to see it rebuilt nowadays, massively populated.










From here I flew along the coast, witnessing the huge industry for which Japan is known nowadays.



























I decided to take a little detour inland to visit the second point of interest of this leg, Himeji's Castle, one of the most important castles of the country, dating from 1333, and UNESCO World Heritage Site.







From here, I left Kobe on my left and flew towards Osaka, being careful about airspaces and traffic in this overpopulated area. The landing at Yao was very tricky, due to the buildings all around and some hills nearby. I actually did a go around on the first attempt, being able to land on the second.






























Maybe my next destination will be Nagoya, but I need to check jobs firts. In any case, this trip is being funnier than I expected.

------

Technical details:
 
RJOI RJOY

HIROSHIMA  SETONAIKAI OKAYAMA HIMEJI AKASHI KOBE ASAKA

Distance: 210 nm
Average GS: 210 kt
Altitude: 3500 ft

METAR:

RJOI 191956Z 36005KT 9999 FEW015 BKN030 BKN050 27/23 A2973 RMK AO2 SLP067 T02670228
RJOY 191000Z 25007KT 210V290 9999 FEW020 BKN040 30/25 Q1004


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...