Monday, December 25, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 55 - Nyutabaru to Kitakyushu

Time to do some tourism. There are several points of interest at Kyushu island that I'd like to visit, especially the volcano Mount Aso, near Kumamoto, and Nagasaki, for obvious reasons. So I convince 4 passengers to join me, plus the cargo to Osaka, easier to convince, and take off from Miyazaki towards Mount Aso.










This volcano is still active so, although tourism is permited, they have to be careful in case of sudden activity. More impressive it's to see how the main crater is heavily populated.










From here I flew over Kumamoto, a very dense populated area with about 800,000 people living there. And I crossed the sea towards Nagasaki. However, before flying over the iconic city, I decided to stop for 20 minutes at Nagasaki airport, located on an artifical island next to Kyowamachi, to refuel and rest a bit.























After this stop, I took off again, now heading towards Nagasaki. With currently 400,000 people living in it, it was the second city at which the atomic bomb was launched during the WWII. Six days later, Japan surrendered.















From Nagasaki I followed the West coast of Kyushu towards Fukuoka, the largest city of Kyushu with a population near 1.5 million habitants. I had to avoid Fukuoka airspace by flying a bit over the sea, but the views of the city were impressive.













From Fukuoka I flew over Kitakyushu, the next larger city of Kuyshu and city of my final destination.




















 

For the next leg, I'll start flying over the Seto Sea, along the north coast, towards Osaka. But so far, the visit to Kyushu was totally worthy.

------

Technical details:
 
RJFN RJFR

NOBEOKA ASO KUMAMOTO UNZEN KURUME FUKUOKA KITAKYUSHU

Distance: 280 nm
Average GS: 200-210 kt
Altitude: 6500-3000 ft

METAR:

RJFM 190800Z 16005KT 100V210 9999 FEW015 SCT040 BKN070 32/26 Q1005
RJFR 191000Z 28009KT 9999 FEW015 SCT030 BKN050 27/24 Q1005



No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...