Friday, December 29, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 63 - Asahikawa to Kushiro

Nothing special about this leg, with the exception of taking off from a snowed short grass strip. This was in pretty challenging, since I even accumulated ice during the taxi and had to spend few minutes on the holding point till the ice was gone. In addition, the fact that the runway was slippery and very short, made me be extremely careful during the takeoff. I managed to climb right over a nice japanese tower, and I headed South, towards the coast.







I quickly reached 9,500 ft and used some mounts as features to orient myself towards Kushiro. Despite the dense clouds, it was easy to follow the original plan, checking the ground from the holes between them. And I knew the coast was clear so, worst case scenario, I would flew towards the sea and at some point I'd see it.















Once there, I just followed the visual approach for Kushiro airport and landed safely without issues.








My plan was to stay here as the last stop in Japan, but a group of people with a package insisted me on taking them to an airport nearby, that was even closer to Kuril islands. And they offered to pay well, so... I accepted.

------

Technical details:
 
RJCA RJCK

AWE CHUBETSU NIPESOTSU NUKABIRA ASHORO SHIRANUKA NISHISYORO

Distance: 100 nm
Average GS: 260 kt
Altitude: 9500 ft

METAR:

RJCA 280627Z 25009KT 6000 -SHSN FEW006 BKN020 BKN035 M03/M05 Q1020 RMK 1ST006 5CU020 7CU035 A3013
RJCK 282300Z 32005KT 9999 FEW030 M10/M12 Q1019


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...