Friday, December 29, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 59 - Nagoya to Chofu

As I mentioned, I intend to head towards Tokyo but I didn't find suitable jobs. However, somebody wanted me to take a small package to Chofu, a small city next to Shibuya, at Tokyo, so I decided to accept it. This way I could follow the Shinkansen line from Nagoya to Fuji, visit the epic volcano and land next to Tokyo.

However, when I was starting the engines, the right one was leaking CO into the cockpit. Luckily the sensor alerted me and I stopped the engine on time. After so many months parked at Osaka, I should make a revision anyway. So I dedicated some extra time to check all the systems, fixing not only the CO leak but also a couple of lights and replacing some worn pieces.

After this improvised check, I took off from Gifu and flew over Nagoya. It's even bigger than what I remember from real life, although from the air everything feels different.











Once I reached the dockyards, I followed the coast and the Shinkansen line easily towards Fuji, passing by Hamamatsu and Shizuoka.







 

And there it is, the Fuji. I decided to climb to FL135 to be over the minimum altitude while flying around it. There's also a restricted airspace that one should cross only with permission, that I don't have, so I decided to surround it. The Fuji is an active volcano of 3,770 m, the highest mountain in Japan. It's last eruption was in 1707. Obviously it's also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.












From here I flew towards Chofu. One can feel already the huge urban chaos of Tokyo and surroundings. It's very difficult to orient on VFR with the Baron over this area, so I set a virtual point with the KNS-81 RNAV system that helped me during the approach. A bit fast landing but anyway safe.








 

Now it's time to rest and to fly towards the North, but of course, not before flying over Tokyo.

------

Technical details:
 
RJNG RJTF

NAGOYA TOKAIDO-SHINKANSEN HAMAMATSU SHIZUOKA FUJI MOTOSU-LAKE KAWAGUCHI TANZAWA MIYAGASE MACHIDA YOMIURI INAGI

Distance: 195 nm
Average GS: 240 kt
Altitude: 5500 ft - FL135

METAR:

RJNG 281250Z 00000KT 9999 FEW030 05/01 Q1023 RMK 1CU030 A3022
RJTY 281355Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 03/M02 A3020 RMK AO2 SLP234 T00341017 $


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...