Tuesday, April 28, 2020

World Tour Leg 22 - Shark El Oweinat to Abu Simbel

I just had time to eat a bit before taking-off again towards Abu Simbel. The staff of the airport took advantage of my flight to put in my Baron a baggage I tried to rise quickly to use the last light of the day to see the amazing fields they have grown in the middle of the desert.









After the beautiful climb, 160 nm of direct route towards Abu Simbel, using VOR navigation as soon as I detected the signal.







A short leg at 8500 ft. arriving at night. There was no control at HEBL, but the surroundings were flat, so it was not difficult to orient the Baron towards a landing in runway 15.


 


Time to sleep. I hope to be able to see the famous Abu Simbel temple tomorrow, on my last leg in Egypt.

------

Technical details:

HEOW - HEBL

DCT

Distance: 160 nm
Average GS: 200 kt
Average alt.: 8500 ft.

METAR:
N/A
HEBL 261700Z 15008KT CAVOK 29/05 Q1011 NOSIG


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...