Wednesday, April 22, 2020

World Tour Leg 17 - Martubah to Tobruk

There were two interesting jobs from Martubah. On the one hand, 306 kg of freight to Sidi Barrani, in Egypt. And, in addition to this, 201 kg of medical supplies to Tobruk, an airport that was located along the same route. Therefore, I took both. And I could split a moderate long flight into 2 short legs, more confortable to fly.





So I took off from runway 14 and headed towards the east, having the coast as main landmark. Winds were calm and the engines were behaving perfectly fine. I decided to keep just 3500 ft. altitude, since it was a short flight over a ground that was at sea level. Again, sand, waves and streams everywhere.






I flew over Tamimi and continued along the coast, till reaching Tobruk, a city holding the government of one of the sides at the current civil war and famous for its siege during the World War II. The airfield was at the south, so I headed towards it and landed directly on runway 15.



I don't even switch off the engines... The cargo is unloaded and I quickly taxi again to the next short leg... the last of Libya.

------

Technical details:

DNF - HLTQ

TIMIMI

Distance: 80 nm
Average GS: 200 kt
Average alt.: 3500 ft.

METAR:
N/A
N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...