Wednesday, April 22, 2020

World Tour Leg 16 - Al Bayda to Martubah

I rested well after the long flight of the previous day. It was time to look for some jobs and I found them. Not from Al Bayda but from Martubah. So I had to do a very short hop to that airfield. Al Bayda airport is at about 2100 ft. so I quickly reached 5500 ft., heading southeast, directly towards my destination.





The high flat terrain was broken by few meandering rivers, or at least their erosion, reminding that the coast was next, on my left-hand side.




Again no METAR and no control, but with so clear skies and low vegetation it's easy to spot the airfields all along the coast. Runway 14 this time. And another smooth landing.




Time to load my new cargo.

------

Technical details:

HLLQ - DNF

AL-QUBBAH

Distance: 45 nm
Average GS: 200 kt
Average alt.: 5500 ft.

METAR:
N/A
N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...