Sunday, July 9, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 49 - Hualien to Shimojishima

After repairing the Baron, my passengers seem to have disappeared.... without paying. So I need to find new jobs to pay the bills. Luckily, I found a group of people willing to go to Okinawa, so I decide to forget about Taipei and fly towards Japan right now.

As soon as I take off, I head towards the Pacific Ocean. I climb high, as usual over the sea, and fly over Taketomi and Ishigaki islands.

















From here I continue towards Miyakoyima, but I realised about a problem. The weather radar is broken and the skies are not precisely clear. I'm having plenty of failures lately on the Baron, maybe it would need a rest... So after thinking a bit, I decided not to take the risk of finding clouds and rain over the sea without the radar. I'll make a short stop at Miyakoyima then, to fix the radar.











I hope these passengers don't fly away this time...

------

Technical details:
 
RCYU RORS (RODN)

YNE GKE NAE (SJE OWC)

Distance: 200 nm
Average GS: 260 kt
Altitude: FL175

METAR:

N/A
RORS 041700Z AUTO 19012KT 9999 SCT014 BKN017 BKN019 29/26 Q1007

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...