Saturday, July 1, 2023

World Tour 2 - Leg 47 - Hong Kong to Tainan

While I was at Hong Kong there was an urgent job to take 5 passengers to Taiwan, which fits perfectly on my plans. They need to be there in few hours, so they pay well. Hence, I accept the job and takeoff quickly from Kai Tak, heading towards the coast along the South China Sea. So beautiful views during the departure.











For the first 30 minutes or so, I had to fly around the clouds, over and below, to avoid entering IFR. VORs here are quite far and the coverage is not full. Luckily, the amount of clouds diminishes a bit after a while and I can continue on safe VFR without issues.








Soon I'll be crossing the Taiwan Strait, so I climb up to FL195. I don't cross clouds but I was on icing conditions for a while, due to humidity. Once I leave behind the coverage of SWA VOR, I navigate by time, and suprisingly I followed exactly the path I had planned to avoit some restricted airspaces over the sea.









About 15 min later, I see Taiwan island and Penghu islands (or Pescadores islands), that I fly over during my descent.




Since there were some clouds near Tainan, my destination, I decided to use the ILS for the final approach. Very calm and beautiful landing, enjoying the views of this new country I'm visiting.



















There are plenty of jobs in Taiwan, an island with an interesting landscape, combining mountains on the central and east side with flat fields on the west. I will decide after a short rest.

------

Technical details:
 
VHHX RCNN

TD SHANWEI SHANTOU HOUJIANG PESCADORES TNN

Distance: 390 nm
Average GS: 250 kt
Altitude: FL195

METAR:

VHHH 302100Z 20004KT 160V230 9999 FEW015 SCT035 30/25 Q1005 NOSIG
RCNN 302300Z 17008KT 9999 FEW012 SCT021 BKN050 29/24 Q1008 NOSIG RMK A2978

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...