Thursday, March 11, 2021

World Tour Leg 30 - Dubai Int. to Sharjah

While in Dubai, I looked for some jobs towards the East, as I had somehow to compensate the maintenance of my Baron. In addition to that, after Dubai I expect to have challenging flights till maybe India. And some passengers were waiting at Sharjah, the 3rd most populous city of UAE, to be taken to Iran. So I decided to fly my Baron from Dubai Int. to Sharjah Airport.



Sharjah, although a different city, is in practice fused with Dubai, and this flight was maybe the shortest I will do in the whole world tour. Less than 1000 ft AGL, low speed, following the VFR charts to avoid problems with authorities... nothing special.




Next destination, Iran.

------


Technical details:

OMDB - OMSJ

FB MK SU ML

Distance: 40 nm
Average GS: 150 kt
Average alt.: 500 ft.

METAR:
OMDB 152200Z 20007KT CAVOK 31/28 Q0997 NOSIG
OMSJ 152200Z 15007KT CAVOK 31/26 Q0997 NOSIG



No comments:

Post a Comment

World Tour 2 - Leg 65 - Nakashibetsu to Ozernovskiy

The moment is here. The weather is not the best, but we wanted a challenge, so let's do it. I plan to cross the Kuril Islands on a singl...